Monday is Memorial Day! For me, I consider the kick off for grilling season. To help you be ready for this kick off day, a great recipe like this grilled chicken marinade is needed. This recipe that I have for you today in addition to another grilling one for you tomorrow.
When grilling chicken you can season it with dry ingredients. However, my preference to marinate it. This marinade recipe has several ingredients in it, but balsamic vinegar and garlic are key ingredients. Chicken that is cooked after soaking in a marinade is so full of flavor. It is also amazingly tender and juicy! Try this one on Memorial Day or any time this summer!
You can find even more wonderful recipes for summer grilling in a great collection that I put together a while ago. in the collection, there are many main dish recipes in addition to recipe for sides and desserts on the grill.
Grilled Chicken Marinade with Balsamic and Garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2–3 lbs chicken breasts
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken into a gallon sized ziploc bag. Seal and shake to combine the ingredients.
- Add chicken to the bag. Seal and knead to get the chicken coasted in the marinade. Place in the fridge and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Cook on the grill until fully cooked. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Dinner at the Zoo.