The next few days I will be sharing some fun ways to dress up a fruit salad. Rather than just serving a bowl full of fresh fruit, I am going to share some dressing that you can add to give them an extra burst of flavor. Today, I have a balsamic berry and basil fruit salad dressed with a strawberry balsamic dressing and fresh basil.
Berries and basil go so well together. This Balsamic Berry and Basil Fruit Salad will work great as part of your Easter meal or will be great for any meal from now until the fall. If you don’t want the pieces of basil in the salad, which tend to darken after the hour in the fridge, just fold in the leave while it sits in the fridge. Then remove the leaves before serving. This will infuse the flavor without having to have the pieces in the salad.Print
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberry daiquiri concentrate, thawed (I use Bacardi)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 cups fresh strawberry halves
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade or left whole
- In a bowl, combine the daiquiri mix, balsamic vinegar, and water.
- In a large bowl, add the berries and basil.
- Gently fold the dressing in with the berries and basil.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Gently fold again before serving and remove basil leaves if using the whole leaf.
Recipe inspired by Betty Crocker.