Grilling chicken is a summer staple, but I’m always on the look out for a new way to make it. This grilled buttery steakhouse chicken is simple and so flavorful. I made this for our family dinner on Father’s day and it was a hit.
You make this chicken with a marinade. Usually you comprise a marinade with 3 components. There is an oil, and acid, and seasonings. This one uses canola oil, vinegar, and a new seasoning mix I discovered. There is a new brand out there called Kinder’s. They have an array of flavor combinations and you should be able to substitute any of those spice mixes for the spice mix used in this recipe.
The buttery steakhouse seasoning mix I used is a rub. It includes real dairy butter (yes…actual butter) with the herbs and cracked pepper of a great steakhouse seasonings. This includes onion, garlic, red pepper, parsley, and turmeric. I love the added flavor in this grilled buttery steakhouse chicken from the red pepper.
The great thing about this though is the seasoning mix in 0 calories! You can get buttery flavor without the added calories. I have seen this brand of spice mixes at Costco, Sam’s Club, and Walmart. You get more for your money when you can get this spice mix from Sam’s Club or Costco.
- CANOLA OIL
- KINDER’S BUTTERY STEAKHOUSE RUB
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse rub
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a gallon sized ziploc bag, add the oil, vinegar, and seasoning. Seal and mix well.
- Add in the chicken. Seal and mix well. Allow to marinate for in the fridge for 2-6 hours.
- Heat grill to medium and add the chicken. Grill chicken for 4-6 minutes per side. Cook until reaches 160 degrees. Allow chicken to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 6 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
This recipe is adapted from Oh Sweet Basil.