The Super Bowl is a big deal for the men in my house. It’s also a big day for the girls, but for a different reason.
My daughter and I are all about the food when it comes to the game day celebration. The guys can watch the game, but you will find us in the kitchen where the real show is – the amazing game day grub.
So to get ready for the big day, my daughter and I did a test run of some simple fudgy football brownies. They are so easy to put together using Pillsbury Brownie Mix and Frosting.
I had recently been to my local Walmart to stock up on Pillsbury Brownie Mixes and Frostings. I love having these products in your pantry because they are inexpensive and great time savers. It also simplifies cooking with my kids. You can even go to this link to get a coupon to save even more money!
Baking is a great way to spend time with family.
Baking is a great way to spend time with family. Not only is it a great way to teach them skills for when they are on their own, but it creates special moments and memories. I was recently asked by The J.M Smucker Company to create some unique tips for using their products and I wanted to share with you what I came up with.
These football brownies are just a fun to mix up a moment from the usual brownie. My daughter loved them and can’t wait to make them again. Then men loved eating them too. They will be the perfect complement to our Game Day celebration.
You won’t need to use all of the frosting to top the brownies but I am sure you can find something to do with what is left. We love to spread it in between graham crackers.
Be sure to come back as we get closer to Valentine’s Day! I will be sharing another tasty recipe using my other Pillsbury products in my pantry. Plus find even more ways to #MixUpAMoment by going to the Pillsbury Pinterest page. How will you #MixUpAMoment for your Game Day?
- 1 (18.4 oz) Pillsbury 13 x 9 Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 oz) container Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 1 (16 oz) container Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using the oil, water, and eggs.
- Line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in the lined 9 x 9 inch baking pan according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled remove from the pan using the foil.
- Cut into 9 squares. Then cut the corners off of each square making a football shape. (see above photo) Use excess scrapes for another purpose. (we like to just eat them or make a parfait with them)
- Pipe chocolate frosting on top of each brownie in a zig zag pattern. I used a star tip.
- Then pipe on white frosting on to each brownie to create the laces of the football. Use excess frosting for another purpose. Makes 9 brownies.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.