I have a family full of picky eaters. My husband is probably the worst of them all. I think my kids have taken the lead from their father, but as they have been growing up, they have become less picky.
Just the other night I made a soup that included peas in it and my husband completely turned his nose up to the peas and ate around them. My 12 year old daughter, who would normally of had the same reaction, told me she tried the peas and liked them. Surprisingly she ate almost all of them.
Taco soup happens to be one of those dishes that my family has no qualms with. However, if you know me, I can’t just always make the same old taco soup recipe. I like to mix things up.
So, I created a Quick Chicken and Rice Taco Soup that is a cross between taco soup and chicken and rice soup.
I love to use Minute® Rice for such dishes because I don’t need to cook the rice separately to make the dish.
One other thing I have learned from being sneaky when fixing dinner for my family, is that if I use Minute® Brown Rice in my soups, the family has no idea they are eating brown rice.
I love that I can slip in something a little healthier and more filling into my soups. It’s delicious and nutritious, plus it’s gluten free. What’s even better is the brown rice is ready in 10 minutes!!!!!!
Minute® Rice is available in local grocers nationwide with an average price of $2.35 per box. So it’s accessible and affordable. For more from Minute® Rice visit their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram page.
- CHICKEN BROTH
- CANNED DICED TOMATOES (I USED THE ONES WITH CHIPOTLE PEPPERS)
- CANNED PINTO BEANS
- GREEN CHILIS
- CANNED BLACK BEANS
- CANNED CORN
- PACKAGE BAJA CITRUS MARINADE
- SEA SALT
- MINUTE BROWN RICE
- COOKED CHICKEN
- TOPPINGS: (OPTIONAL) PLAIN GREEK YOGURT OR SOUR CREAM, SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE, AVOCADO,TORTILLA CHIPS, GREEN ONION, CILANTRO
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (I used the ones with chipotle peppers)
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 Tbsp from a 1 oz package Baja Citrus Marinade
- ½ t. Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Minute brown rice
- 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
- Toppings: (optional)
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Avocados, diced
- Tortilla chips, broken up
- Diced green onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Put chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chilis, corn, marinade, and salt to a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the diced chicken and brown rice. Reduce heat and let simmer while covered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Keep covered and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with desired toppings. Serves 8.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe
Tell us how you enjoy your rice and you could win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/1/16 – 4/30/16.