It’s amazing to me how many different brownie recipes are out there. Well, this one I am sharing with you today are the best fudgy brownies you can scratch, not from a box.
This brownie, is dense, moist, and fudgy. They also get chopped semi-sweet chocolate mixed into the batter as well as spinkled on top. This gives you nice chunks of chocolate. However, you can always use chocolate chunks or chocolate chip instead.
You can also mixed some chopped pecans or walnuts into the batter if you would like. My family isn’t big on having nuts in their brownies so I don’t add any, but it would be delicious.
This brownie is also make with cocoa powder. So no need to have chocolate on hand to make the batter.
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 oz roughly chopped semi-sweet chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over combine).
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate pieces. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and then sprinkle with remaining chocolate pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes for just under-done brownies (until the center of the brownies no longer jiggle).
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. Then carefully remove them out of the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.
This recipe was adapted from Cafe Delites.