So, I got this recipe for Firehouse BBQ Grilled Chicken from Picky Palate for almost a month and have been waiting to try it. We finally got around to making it yesterday. It turned out so good.
Now, I use chicken tenders instead of breasts. I like them because they cook evenly and fast. Now, I did put them in the marinate at noon and cooked them at 5:30. I think that was too long in this marinate, especially using tenders.
The chicken was so tender it was falling apart as it was being put on the grill. I think that 2 hours to marinate would have been perfect. Also, I only used half the amount of hot sauce. I was afraid the full amount would be too spicy for my family. The half amount was perfect and it would have been too spicy if I followed the recipe exactly.
I’m definitely going to try it again with the shorter amount of marinating time and add it to my tried and true file.
Firehouse BBQ Grilled Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 6 thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce I only used 1/4 cup and it was the perfect level of heat for my family
- ¾ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce I used Cattlemen's
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place all ingredients in a large ziplock bag and marinate for at least an hour. Preheat stove top grill pan or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in July 2015.