More breakfast goodness coming for you today and this one only takes 5 ingredients to make! This is a recipe for a simple English muffin breakfast pizzas.
English muffins are a favorite for this carboholic! I love the flavor and texture of them. They are even better as a base for these pizzas.
The main trick to making these pizzas is to under cook the eggs. You want them to still be wet before you place them on the muffins. Then you can put them right in the oven or freeze them. Or make a double batch and freeze one batch and eat one right then. That is how I like to cook, cook once, eat twice.
These pizzas were delicious and we didn’t even eat them for breakfast, instead we had breakfast for dinner! No matter when you eat them, your kids will love them. However, this would be excellent to have in the freezer for school days.
- 3 English muffins, split
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup diced ham **
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- diced green onion, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if eating them right then, no need for this if you are freezing them).
- Lightly toast English muffins and spread with butter. (I just toast them on the lowest setting on my toaster).
- In a skillet, scramble eggs until almost set. You want them to still be wet. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the cooked ham. Then top each of the muffins with some of the egg mixture followed by some of the cheese. (if making them ahead of time, this is the point where you would wrap them with plastic wrap, them place in a gallon sized freezer bag and freeze)
- If fresh, place on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. If frozen, unwrap and place on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees for 15 or so minutes until heated.
- Top with diced green onion if desired to serve. Makes 6 pizzas.
** fully cooked breakfast sausage or fully cooked bacon bits may also be used instead of ham.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.