This easy taco spaghetti is a dish my husband and daughter loved. However, it also worked for me and my weight loss plan. It’s delicious, easy, and healthy.
The ingredients are simple. You need ground beef, taco seasoning, canned diced tomatoes, and some reduce fat cheese. You also need a little water. If you aren’t worried about having this dish be low fat, then you can use full fat cheese. I also used chipotle diced tomatoes. I love the smoky flavor they added, but regular diced tomatoes will also work just as great.
The other great thing about this meal is it all cooks in one large skillet.
There is no need to cook the pasta in a separate pot. You brown the beef in the skillet and drain off any excess grease. Then you mix in the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, and water. Next, you will break the pasta in half and add it to the skillet. You just make sure you push all the spaghetti to be covered in the liquid.
Now it’s time to let the mixture come to a boil. Once it reaches that point, you cover and reduce it to a simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked. If the liquid is absorbed but the pasta is still not fully cooked. Just add a little more water and let it cook a little longer. The last thing to do, is sprinkle with cheese. You turn the heat of and cover until the cheese is melty. This easy taco spaghetti is just 8 points on my WW personal points.
- 95% LEAN GROUND BEEF
- TACO SEASONING
- PETITE DICED TOMATOES
- SPAGHETTI NOODLES
- REDUCED FAT MEXICAN CHEESE
Click here to calculate your WW Personal Points for this recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) pkg taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes (don’t drain the liquid)**see not
- 4 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, tomatoes and water to the skillet. Stir until combined.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and add to the skillet. Press them into the skillet so they are covered with the liquid.
- Bring to a boil. The cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is fully cooked. If liquid is absorbed but noodles are not fully cooked, add a little more liquid and cook until tender.
- Turn the heat off and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover until the cheese is melted. Serves 4.
**I used a can of chipotle diced tomatoes and reduced the amount of taco seasoning to half of a 1oz pkg.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from Keeping On Point.