Meatloaf is a meal that my family loves and this easy stuffing mix meatloaf is an simple version to make! With just a few ingredients the results are flavorful and fabulous.
You use a package or stove top stuffing mix to make this easy stuffing mix meatloaf. It is used as a binder and all those seasonings in the mix also give it flavor. You do add 1 cup of water with the mix first to soften it and make it easy to mix it int that beef. Once that stuffing mix has absorbed the water. you add in 2 eggs, some ketchup, and some ground beef. Mix it all together until combined.
Now at this point you are going to put in a pan, but you don’t use a loaf pan. Instead you use a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and free form shape it in that pan in to a loaf that is about 5 x 9. Lastly, you need that sweet glaze on top. This is made by just mixing some ketchup with some brown sugar.
- STOVE TOP STUFFING MIX (ANY FLAVOR)
- GROUND BEEF
- BROWN SUGAR
Easy Stuffing Mix Meatloaf
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing mix (any flavor)
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ketchup divided
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the package of Stove Top stuffing with the water. Allow to sit for a few minutes to soften. Add in the eggs, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, and the ground beef. Mix together until well combined.
- Take the meat and pour into the prepared 9 x 13 dish and shape into a loaf in the middle of the pan. you want it to be about a 5 x 9 rectangle.
- Take the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and mix with the brown sugar. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- BAae at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or util fully cooked, Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
This recipe is adapted from Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons.