Meatloaf is one of those recipes that usually takes about an hour to cook in the oven. Unless you make them into mini mealoaves, mealoaf takes a while to cook.
With this Instant Pot version, you have meatloaf ready to eat in about 40 minutes along with a side of creamy mashed potatoes. Then, just add another veggie on the side and you have dinner ready to go.
- 10–12 small to medium yellow yukon gold potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce, plus additional for basting
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add in the bay leaf, 1 tsp kosher salt and garlic cloves. Pour in the water. Place the Instant Pot trivet on top of the potatoes with the handles facing up.
- In a bowl combine mix the beef, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, egg, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, black pepper, bread crumbs, bbq sauce and bacon together.
- On the top of a piece of non-stick foil, form the meat mixture into an oval that will fit inside your Instant Pot. Carefully transfer the foil wrapped meatloaf on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Set to manual for 20 minutes on high pressure. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. When the timer goes off do a quick release.
- Open lift the meatloaf out using the handles of the trivet. Baste the top of the meatloaf with bbq sauce and place on a baking sheet.Place under the broiler in your oven for 2 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf from the potatoes. Drain all the water out of the pot. Add in the butter, sour cream and milk. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the meatloaf and serve with the potatoes. Serves 4.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American