This post may contain affiliate links.
Pizza is a staple meal. When my kids were younger, we enjoyed it once a week. I mean really, is there anyone that does not like pizza? Today’s easy sheet pan recipe is a great way to make your pizza at home.
The dough takes about 15 minutes to make and then it’s ready to use. The simple dough is pressed into a sheet pan. Then you partial bake the crust for 10 minutes. Then you just top to your hearts desire.
The good thing is this recipe is easy to double. Now that both of my boys are married, one sheet pan is enough for me my husband, and my daughter. However, if my boys were still at I home I would definitely need to make 2.
When I make this I made half with ham and pineapple and the other half with pepperoni and olives. That is the great thing about the shape of this pizza. It is easy to split this easy sheet pan pizza in half with different toppings or even in thirds.
- ACTIVE DRY YEAST
- BREAD FLOUR
- OLIVE OIL
- PIZZA SAUCE
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- DESIRED TOPPINGS
Easy Sheet Pan Pizza
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water 110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ – ½ cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir until it starts to come together, then knead until smooth.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer dough to a sheet pan and press the dough to fit the pan.
- Place crust in a 450 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes. Spread sauce on dough and top with desired toppings. Place back in the oven and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and the crust is a nice golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then cut and serve. Serves 8.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
This recipe is adapted from A Dash of Sanity.
I wish we could post pics because I made this last night and it was truly amazing! I used 2 cake pans and still got that nice browned edging. I used 2 TBS of oil and 2 TBS of melted butter for the pans. The only difference I made was using a pinch more yeast (just because I didn’t know if I could wait the minimum of 8 hours). Which we did! It was so fun to watch the progress on a lazy Sunday!