I have another copy cat recipe for you today. This recipe is a copy cat version of Taco Bell’s Beefy 5 Layer Burritos. I have never had this burrito from Taco Bell, but this at home version is delicious.
Like the recipe title says there are 5 layers to this burrito. You need to begin with a large warm flour tortilla. Layer one is some chili con queso. I just warm up some from a jar. If you’d rather, you can use nacho cheese. However, I perfer the chili con queso.
The next layer is refried beans. All you need is your favorite can of refried beans from the store. Just heat them up so they are nice and warm before using them in the burritos. Layer three is comprised up cooked ground beef that has been prepared using a package of taco seasoning.
The last 2 layers are shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. It’s that easy. Now, you just need to roll it all up and eat it. These beefy 5 layer burritos were a hit with my family and I’m sure it will be with yours too. Give them a try.
Beefy 5 Layer Burrito
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup chili con queso
- 4 burrito sized tortillas warmed
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain off any excess grease. Add in the taco seasoning and cook according to pkg directions. Set aside.
- Heat refried bean until heated through.
- Heat queso until warm.
- To assemble, lay 1 warm tortilla out flat. Spread 1/4 of the queso onto the tortilla leaving space around the edges.
- Carefully spread 1/4 of the refried beans over the queso.
- Spoon 1/4 of the prepared beef down the middle of the tortilla on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 the amount of cheese on top of the beef. Add a couple dollops of sour cream.
- Roll up sides and serve warm. Repeat he same process until all the burritos are made. Makes 4 burritos.
This recipe is adapted from Tablespoon.com.