This Sunday is Mother’s Day. Depending on the situation on where you live with the CoVID quarentine, eating at home maybe you only option. This week, I will be sharing some delicious breakfast recipes that you can make for Mom. We are starting the week with this easy sausage quiche.
You only need 6 ingredients for this. There is no actual crust to this quiche. You use a mixture of eggs, half and half, and baking mix for the base of the quiche. Then you have sausage, green onion and cheese mixed in there.
Finally, you can add toppings if desired. Use whatever you like – sour cream, chopped tomato, chopped parsely, etc.
- 1 pkg (12 oz) regular pork sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 1 cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sausage into a lightly greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Top with onions and cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and baking mix together until well blended. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cut into 12 squares. Top with optional toppings if desired. Serves 12.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American