This is another recipe that I got from a Quick Cooking magazine (now Simple and Delicious) years ago. These mini ham quiches work great as an appetizer, for breakfast, or a light dinner.
I usually don’t add the olives because no one in my family likes them. So, I just add an extra 1/4 cup ham and 1/4 cup cheese. You could also replace the olives with another ingredient if you want like green onion, onion, or green pepper. You could even mix it up by using different cheeses. These are little bites of goodness. The small size also makes it fun for kids or baby showers, etc. They are even excellent the next day.
They start by making a mixture of the ham, cheese, and olives. Then you divide the mixture between 12 muffin cups. In another bowl, you will whisk together eggs, half and half, melted butter, hot pepper sauce, biscuit/baking mix, Parmesan cheese, and ground mustard. Then you divide this mixture between the 12 muffin cups.
They bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the center of one of the quiches and comes out clean. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then serve.
Mini Ham Quiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¾ cup diced fully cooked ham
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped olives I just use 1/4 cup more of each ham and cheese instead
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup butter or margarine melted
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce optional
- ½ cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- In a bowl, combine the ham, cheddar cheese, and olives; divide mixture among 12 greased muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the remaining ingredients just until blended. Pour over ham mixture in muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 1 dozen.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in May 2014.