This easy sausage quiche is a perfect option for a spring breakfast or brunch. One nice thing is with the high price of eggs, this recipe only takes 4 eggs and serves 12.
The base of this easy sausage quiche is a pound of breakfast sausage. You will need to cook and crumble it. I used a pound of Jimmy Dean regular sausage. You spread this into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. When I made this for the photo, I only made a half recipe and cooked it in a pie pan. Then you sprinkle the green onion and cheese over the sausage. I love the green onion in here. It adds some great flavor and freshness.
Now you whisk those 4 eggs with some half-and-half or milk along with some baking mix (like Bisquick). If you want the egg mixture and more rich, then I highly recommend using the half-and-half. This is then poured evenly over the cheese and baked. It takes about 20 minutes to cook. After that, slice and serve. You can place toppings on like sour cream, diced tomato, or chopped fresh parsley. We like it just as is.
- PORK BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
- GREEN ONIONS
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- HALF-AND-HALF OR MILK
- ALL-PURPOSE BAKING MIX
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: SOUR CREAM, CHOPPED TOMATOES, CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY
Easy Sausage Quiche
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 16 oz pkg pork breakfast sausage: cooked, crumbled, drained
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- optional toppings: Sour cream chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Place sausage evenly in bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle the green onions and cheese over the sausage.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with the half-and-half and baking mix with wire whisk until well blended. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 squares. Add toppings.
This recipe is adapted from Jimmy Dean.