This post may contain affiliate links.
Sausage gravy and biscuits is a classic dish that everyone should be able to make. It really isn’t that hard to make either.
This recipe is so simple to whip together in to time. The thing that could take a little time is making the biscuits to serve the gravy with, but you can make it simple and go with frozen biscuits or biscuits in a can. I personally prefer the ones from the freezer section for this. However you make the biscuits, if you top them with this gravy simple gravy recipe, you are set.
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 1 lb sage pork breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 12 prepared biscuits, split into halves
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage until fully cook. If you have a large amount grease left in the pan, drain while keeping a tablespoon of the sausage grease in the pan. I don’t ever need to drain mine.
- Add the butter to the pan and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle sausage with flour, stir, and allow to cook for several minutes.
- Add the milk and stir together. Continue cooking while stirring over medium heat until gravy thickens, 5-10 minutes. Serve gravy over cook biscuits. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Self Proclaimed Foodie.