I have a copy cat version for you today of Cracker Barrel Pancakes. These babies are delicious!
These buttermilk pancakes are nice and thick but are soft and fluffy. They are great topped with about anything! However, if you want that true Cracker Barrel taste, you need to begin by topping them with a little whipped butter! I like them topped with homemade buttermilk syrup.
- 2 cups purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups well shaken buttermilk
- Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Add egg and butter buttermilk to a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Lightly coat skillet with oil. Heat to medium low (I do one notch below medium).
- Drop 1/2 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Use the back side of a spoon to help even out the batter.
- Cook on first side until bubbles begin to form on surface and underside is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Flip over and cook another 2 minutes until golden brown and center springs back when lightly touched.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and butter. Makes 7 large pancakes.
Recipe adapted from Christine Is Cooking.