I love it when I can find ways to make simple sides that tastes amazing like this tomato and blue cheese salad. I mean, we all want yummy sides as part of our dinner. However, I don’t know about you, but I just don’t have the time for anything too elaborate and time consuming on a daily basis.
Well, this recipe is just what I like, simple to put together but tastes amazing. It is a great way to serve up tomatoes as a side dish. It does use blue cheese, but if you aren’t a big fan of blue cheese, feta is a great substitution in this recipe.
- pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Put tomatoes and chives in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and gently toss.
- Sprinkle with the blue cheese and toss again very gently. Serves 4-6.