You are going to love how simple it is to make this easy Instant Pot beef stew. Frozen veggies and V-8 juice are what help make this so easy to put together.
Using the sauté mode, you brown some ground beef with some onion. Once the beef is fully cooked, you drain off any excess grease. The you add in the V-8 Juice, Italian seasoning, garlic, celery, potatoes, and the frozen veggies. Now my family doesn’t care for the frozen green beans in the mixed veggies. So I use part of a bag of frozen corn and part of a bag of frozen peas and carrots.
Once all is added in the pot and stirred together, you set it to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Once it cooks for the 5 minutes, you need to allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. After that, you can manually release any excess pressure. That’s it, it’s time to serve.
Now this beef stew isn’t a Weight Watchers recipe, but it works. When I calculate this recipe out for my WW personal points it was just 6 points per serving. It was delicious and healthy for you! I even enjoyed leftovers to next day for lunch. I think the leftovers may have been even better.
- 95% LEAN GROUND BEEF
- V-8 VEGETABLE JUICE
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- FROZEN MIXED VEGETABLES
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cups V-8 vegetable juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cups potatoes, diced into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen mixed vegetables
- Turn Instant Pot on to sauté setting. Add beef and onion. Brown until beef is fully cooked. Drain off excess grease. Stir a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Turn off sauté setting.
- Pour in the V-8 and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Add in the Italian seasoning, garlic, celery, potatoes, celery, and frozen vegetables.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes then manually vent to remove any more remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir. Ladle into bowls and serve.