In January, I took part in a 6 week health challenge and used this easy chicken enchilada soup recipe as one of my meals. I will discuss more about the details of the challenge in a later post.
Following the challenge that helped me loose 20 pounds, almost 10% body fat, and a pant size. I was more focused on making healthier meals. This easy chicken enchilada soup is an old Weight Watcher recipe I pulled out to make.
This recipe is simple to put together and is a meal that I can use to continue to help me in my weight loss journey. The family loved it and had no idea it was a healthy dinner. I did serve it with chips, cheese, and sour cream for my family, but you want to omit that if you want a truly healthy meal.
- 1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
- 1 (16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- In a stock pot, add all of the above ingredients and stir until combined.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15-30 minutes. Can top with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream but will increase calories. Makes 4-6 servings.