This recipe for dill chicken salad sandwiches is a fun change from most chicken salad. Many chicken salad recipes include fruit and have more of a sweetness to it. This recipe is more savory and includes dill, dill pickle juice, and diced dill pickle.
Also, it includes other great ingredients like a combination of cream cheese and mayonnaise as the base for the dressing. This prduces a thick and creamy dressing. Additionally, there is green onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper mixed in there.
Usually, I would reccomned this as a great tiem to serve at a bridal or wedding shower. However, with social distancing and CoVID 19, I’m not sure any of us will be having bridal or baby showers.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp dill pickle juice (from the pickle jar)
- 3/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked shredded or diced chicken
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- croissants or rolls
- In a large bowl, combine all the cream cheese, mayonnaise, pickle juice, dried dill, salic powder, salt, and pepper together until smooth and combined.
- Add in the chicken, dill pickles, and green onion to the bowl. Gently stir together until combined.
- Place the salad in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours before serving. Serve with on croissants or rolls. Will make 15-20 small croissant sanwiches.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours chill time
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American