I have another must add recipe to your arsenal of soup recipes! Bonus is it cooks in the crock pot. You will love this Crock Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup!
The list of ingredients may seem a bit long on this but it’s mainly because of seasonings to help make this taste amazing!!!! My family loved it and it will definitely be occurring regularly at this house.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 3–4 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or cream
- 1 1/2 cups dried cheese tortellini ***
- In a skillet, add the olive oil, onion, and sausage. Cook until sausage is fully cooked.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the sausage mixture to the crock pot along with the tomatoes, broth, bay leaves, oregano, salt, brown sugar and pesto. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Add in the evaporated milk and tortellini. Turn to low and cook for another 30-45 minutes until pasta is tender. Serves 6.
*** Frozen tortellini may be used instead but will cook faster than the 30- 45 minutes.