I must say I love a good piece of breaded chicken. I have shared my go to recipe with you before. I have also made it topped with a yummy sauce which you could also use on top of this version if you’d like. It is however perfectly good on it’s own but, would also be excellent with the sauce. I saw a recipe for this crispy basil chicken over at Tasty Kitchen. I adapted it to the version I am sharing with you today.
I have found the key to a good breaded chicken is to use a combination of your regular bread crumbs along with panko bread crumbs. The regular bread crumbs help to give it a good coating. Then the panko helps give it a yummy crispy element with the larger pieces of bread crumbs. In this recipe, the breading also includes shredded Parmesan cheese. This was a delicious addition. Not only did it add flavor but it added to the crispness of the breading. The seasonings in this were also a good combination.
Tomorrow I will also share the simple pasta dish I served along side this chicken. You can get a sneak peak of it in the photo.
Crispy Basil Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ Tbsp. dried basil
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 12 chicken tenders
- canola oil
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl. Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine both bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat chicken with flour. Then dip in egg, followed by coating it with the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry chicken in canola oil, on both sides, until the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.