Years ago, I learned how to make easy breaded chicken from my husbands boss at work. I know it’s weird, but that is where I learned the basics. He had once worked in a kitchen at a country club and shared his knowledge with us when my husband and I were newly married.
Over the years now, I have developed my own simple recipe for breaded chicken and figured I’d share it with you today. There aren’t really any exact measurements, but it is simple and you really can’t mess it up. I
like to use a combination of Italian bread crumbs with panko bread crumbs. I like to use the Italian bread crumbs because it already has the seasoning in it. If you only have regular bread crumbs, then just mix in some Italian seasoning. This method will also work with pork chops too.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (approximately)
- Place flour on a plate.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix with salt and pepper to taste.
- Start breading by coating chicken with flour.
- Then dip it in the eggs, followed by the bread crumb mixture.
- Cook the breaded chicken in a skillet coated with oil until both sides are nice and brown and the juices run clear. Serves 6.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American