I love it when I can find an easy way to make a delicious side dish like these creamy stovetop potatoes. Sometimes that can be the most troubling part of meal planning – planning the sides. I always fall back on frozen or canned veggies when I don’t plan anything specific or if just don’t know what to serve.
Today, I have a potato dish for you that is made in about 25 minutes in one pot. It also uses items that I tend to always keep on hand. This creamy dish was a hit with the family and everyone was asking for more.
Creamy Stove Top Potatoes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes (I used Golden Potatoes)
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ¾ cup cream
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped chives or green onion
- In a large stock pot, add potatoes, milk, cream, butter, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt to taste and top each serving with a sprinkling of the chopped chives or green onion. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Annie’s Eats.