One way that I love to serve potatoes as a side dish is by roasting them in the oven. There is no need for peeling the potatoes when you roast them and the results are a crispy exterior with a soft fluffy inside. These Italian seasoned roasted potatoes is another great recipe using Italian seasoning. So they paired perfect with the recipe I just shared for grilled balsamic chicken breasts.
Roasting potatoes is as easy as tossing some diced potatoes (skin on) with some olive oil and seasonings. The combination of seasonings consists of sea salt, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder. Then place them on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
Now comes the roasting time. You cook the potatoes at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Then stir the potatoes and cook them for another 20 minutes. After cooking, you can sprinkle with some shredded melted cheese and put them back in the oven for a minute or to just until the cheese melts. However, this isn’t necessary. You can save calories by not adding the cheese. For those on WW, you probably want to skip the cheese on these Italian seasoned roasted potatoes to save on points.
- RUSSET POTATOES
- OLIVE OIL
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- SEA SALT
- ONION POWDER
- GARLIC POWDER
Italian Seasoned Roasted Potatoes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 lbs scrubbed and diced russet potatoes about 3 1/2 - 4 cups
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Then season with the Italian seasoning, sea salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Toss to evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Pour out onto the lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, stirring 15 and then cook for another 20 minutes. Serves 6.
This recipe is adapted from Power Plant Couple.