If you like pina coladas, then you’ll love today’s recipe. This is a yummy creamy pina colada salad recipe that I created from a base recipe which came from my sister-in-law. The base of the salad is yogurt, cool whip, and instant pudding mix. You can take that base, mix flavors and then add whatever fruit you want to the base. I love pina coladas and thought it would make a great salad.
It turned out delicious and was liked by all. It is very simple to whip together, you just need an hour to let it sit in the fridge before serving. The yogurt adds a nice tang to the sweetness of all the other ingredients. Originally when I created this recipe, I used Yoplait’s pina colada yogurt. Since then, I have recently had a hard time finding that flavor in my local grocery stores. So I often use 2 coconut yogurts with 1 pineapple yogurt to get that flavor I want.
You can take the base and create your own salad. I’m thinking next time I’ll use strawberry cheesecake yogurt, cheesecake pudding, and fresh strawberries.
- COOL WHIP
- INSTANT COCONUT CREAM PUDDING
- PINA COLADA YOGURTS (or coconut and pineapple yogurts)
- CANNED PINEAPPLE TIDBITS
- TOASTED COCONUT (OPTIONAL)
- 12 oz. cool whip
- 1 small package instant coconut cream pudding ( you can substitute vanilla)
- 3 (6 oz) pina colada yogurts (Or 2 coconut yogurts and 1 pineapple yogurt)
- 2–3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- toasted coconut (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix cool whip, dry pudding mix, and yogurts. Mix well to dissolve pudding mix.
2. Refrigerate mixture or at least one hour. (this helps the pudding to fully dissolve)
3. Mix in bananas and pineapple just before serving. Sprinkle top with toasted coconut if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
This is the original photo from this post when it was first posted in February 2010.