With being one Weight Watchers, I figured mac and cheese was out of the question. I figured it was too high in calories and not worth it. That was until I discovered this recipe for WW Instant Pot mac and cheese.
Now for this recipe I use regular run of the mill pasta. You could lower points by using a healthier pasta. As is this recipe comes out to 8 points per serving (1 1/4 cups) with my WW personal points.
This mac and cheese only requires 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper. The pasta cooking in the instant pot with chicken broth and garlic powder. Then once the pasta cooks for five minutes, you mix in a cup of cheese dip. I used the Great Value stadium style cheddar cheese dip from Walmart. Tostitos smooth and cheesy dip or Fritos mild cheddar cheese dip will also work. You also mix in 1/2 cup of Velveeta shreds cheddar flavor.
Last thing you do is cover and let sit for a few minutes. Then the Velveeta shreds will melt into the sauce. Then just season with salt and pepper as desired. So not only is this WW Instant Pot mac and cheese a lower calorie option, it’s also so easy to make! Use it as a main dish or as a side dish.
- ELBOW PASTA (I USED LARGE ELBOWS)
- REDUCED SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH (I JUST MADE BOTH WITH BETTER THAN BOUILLON)
- GARLIC POWDER
- 1 CUP GREAT VALUE STADIUM STYLE CHEDDAR CHEESE DIP (TOSTITOS SMOOTH AND CHEESY DIP OR FRITOS MILD CHEDDAR CHEESE DIP WILL ALSO WORK)
- VELVEETA CHEDDAR SHREDS
- SALT AND PEPPER
WW Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb uncooked elbow pasta I used large elbows
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth I just made both with Better Than Bouillon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Great Value stadium style cheddar cheese dip Tostitos smooth and cheesy dip or Fritos mild cheddar cheese dip will also work
- ½ cup Velveeta cheddar Shreds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the pasta and chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Stir and try to press the pasta so it's covered with the broth. Sprinkle the garlic powder over the top.
- Over and make sure valve it set to seal. Cook on manual for 5 minutes. Then to a quick release. With pasta some times it will spray out white stuff. If needed close the valve and open back up. You can do this several times if needed to prevent stuff spraying out.
- Stir the pasta to loosen it all from the pot and each other. Add in the cheese dip and Velveeta shreds and stir to combine. Place the lid back on and allow to sit for a couple minutes. Remove the lid and stir again. The cheese should be all melted now. Serves 8.
This recipe is adapted from The Pound Dropper.