I decided to try these healthy oatmeal cookie bars as a way for me to enjoy a sweet treat while doing Weight Watchers. Each of these bars are only 4 points for me on my WW personal points.
This recipe is comprised of 5 ingredients. You have oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, mashed banana, and chocolate chips. This is all mixed together and then spread into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan. I do want to try making these with almond butter next time.
Next, it gets baked in the oven. It bakes at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Then you need to allow the healthy oatmeal cookie bars to cool for 10 minutes. After that you can enjoy them warm. I actually preferred them cold. So once they are cool enough, I place them in the fridge.
Now, I tend to have a problem sometimes with banana and their texture. These bars have a very strong banana flavor which isn’t my favorite. That’s what I want to try them again using the almond butter. I mean I was able to eat these bars, they just weren’t my favorite. However, that’s just my flavor preference. Other will probably love these bars.
- ROLLED OATS
- PEANUT BUTTER OR OTHER NUT BUTTER
- MAPLE SYRUP
- MASHED BANANAS
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, and mashed banana until combined. Add in the chocolate chips and fold until even distributed. Add the batter to the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes until begging to brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Makes 18 servings.
Recipe is adapted from The Big Mans World.