I am always on the look out for new ways to cook chicken like this Creamy Lemon Rosemary Chicken. I love that chicken is something that can be used with just about any flavor combination.
This is a skillet version with incorporates 2 flavors that are oven used when roasting chicken – lemon and rosemary. However, cream is also aded in to the mix to make a rich creamy sauce. This delicious sauce makes it perfect to serve this chicken along with hot cooked pasta or rice. My personal preference is pasta.
This dish also comes together in about 30 minutes. With the exception of cooking the pasta, the rest of this dish is all made in one pan.
Creamy Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- hot cooked pasta or rice for serving
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. Cook until both sides are golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn skillet down to medium and add butter. Add in flour and whisk together. Then whisk in the lemon juice.
- Slow whisk in chicken broth followed by the cream and rosemary. Bring to a gentle boil and add chicken back to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes at a gentle boil. Then remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Double check that chicken is fully cooked before serving. Serve over hot cooked pasta or rice. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from A Bountiful Kitchen.