I have kind of been having some fun lately with finding easy recipes that use 10 ingredients of less. If it takes less than 30 minutes, that is even better. Today, I have a Creamy Beef and Potato Skillet recipe for you that is 5 ingredients and done is less than 30 minutes! I love being able to do that on a school night!
This meal was a hit with the family. It includes beef and potatoes, so all the men in my house were especially happy. This is like a quick version of my husbands favorite tater tot casserole.
- 1 (28 oz) pkg. frozen O’brien potatoes
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a microwave safe bowl, add potatoes and water. Cover and microwave for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the salt, pepper, soup, and milk to the beef and stir to blend.
- Mix in potatoes and reduce heat to a simmer. Sprinkle with cheese and cover. Cook until cheese is melted. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious.