This post may contain affiliate links.
Anyone would love to wake up to these light and fluffy cream cheese waffles. They would be an excellent breakfast for the 4th of July. Top them with red and blue colored berries along with whipped cream to even give them a patriotic look.
If you are entertaining for a 4th of July breakfast, set up a waffle bar with these as a base. You can include various fruits for toppings along with a variety of syrup. I have a good collection of syrup recipes if you need some. If you are using square or rectangle waffles, you can even decorate them with fruit to look like a flag.
Cream cheese is actually incorporated into this waffle batter. It adds some richness and tang. Brown sugar is also used in place of white sugar, giving the waffles more depth of flavor.
Cream Cheese Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the brown sugar, cream cheese, and egg yolks together until light. Add in the milk, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the cream cheese mixture and mix until moistened. Add in the egg whites and fold in.
- Preheat your waffle iron and cook the waffles according to the waffle iron‘s instructions. makes 8 servings depending on your waffle iron.
Recipe adapted from Wide Open Eats.