This Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert is a recipe I got years ago from a Quick Cooking magazine (now called Simple and Delicious magazine). It is quick, easy, and a fun dessert for Summer. It would also be great to serve as a cool treat on the 4th of July. You could easily swap out the nuts on top for patriotic sprinkles to make it more festive for the holiday.
Ice cream sandwiches are great, but they are even better when you add in hot fudge topping, chopped nuts, and whipped topping. Love it! Think of this like a ice cream sandwich lasagna. Instead of noodles you have ice cream sandwiches. Fudge, nuts, and whipped topping are used instead of ricotta cheese and sauce. This is a fabulous tasty dessert!
Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
Real Mom Kitchen
- 24 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup salted peanuts (I use an ice cream nut topping that was a mixture of peanuts and pecans)
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the pan. Spread with half of the whipped topping. Spoon fudge topping by teaspoonfuls onto whipped topping. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts. Repeat layers with remaining ice cream sandwiches whipped topping and peanuts (the pan will be full).
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Serves 15.