Both my friend and I love the restaurant Cafe Zupa’s. This is a wonderful chain restaurant that all began in Utah. It serves soups, salads, and sandwiches. Food Network star Kelsey Nixon even help develop the original menu and recipes.
My friend’s favorite soup from there is their Chicken Enchilada Chili. The other day she was talking about how she wished she could make it at home. I took that as a challenge and told her I would find a way for her to make a Copycat Cafe Zupa’s Chicken Enchilada Chili that she can make at home.
This is a nice hearty chili and this at home version is simple to make with your slow cooker. Whether you have had Cafe Zupa’s version or not, you are gonna love the at home version.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 (10 oz) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 oz) green enchilada sauce
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen corn
- cheddar cheese shredded
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- In a large slow cooker, add the chicken breasts and cover with both kinds of enchilada sauce. Cook for 4 hours on low until the chicken is cooked and will shred into the sauce.
- Add all the remaining soup ingredients, on high for 1 more hour.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Family Favorite Recipes.