So I didn’t tell you yesterday, but this whole week is soup week here at RMK. The weather has finally turned to fall here in Utah and I love to serve soup, just like this cheesy cauliflower soup, for dinner once we get to that point.
I love coming in from the cool crisp autumn air to a nice bowl of soup. This soup has a cheesy base served with cauliflower. However, you could easily swap the cauliflower for some California blend vegetables if you’d prefer.
The use of frozen cauliflower is what helps make this soup “souper” simple to make. Just thaw it and chop it in order to use it in the soup.
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- ⅓ cup green onions tops only, plus additional for garnish
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/4 cups frozen cauliflower thawed and chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese plus additional for garnish
- In a stock pot, cook green onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended.
- Slowly add in broth while stirring. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add in cauliflower and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the milk and cheese. Cook while stirring until thick and cheese is melted. Serve garnished with extra cheese and green onion. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.