There is a restaurant that started here in Utah called Café Zupas. It is one of my favorite places to eat. They have amazing soups and salads including a Wisconsin cauliflower cheese soup. I was thrilled when I found this recipe for slow cooker cauliflower cheese soup.
My husband loves to order their Wisconsin Cauliflower soup. It’s a blended soup that is smooth and cheesy. So, I made an attempt to make this at home version.
This version is delicious but not exactly the same in flavor as the version at Zupas. They have a blend of spices I haven’t quite figured out. I do love knowing my family is getting vegetables when they eat this and they don’t even care that there is cauliflower in this soup!
Just add some cauliflower, leeks, garlic, pepper, and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Then cook on low for 6-8 hours. After cooking blend the soup until smooth. Last, you mix in some shredded cheese and cream. Delish!
- CHICKEN BROTH
- SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- HEAVY CREAM
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS – SHREDDED CHEESE, FRENCH FRIED ONIONS, AND CRUMBLED BACON
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 32 oz box or 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower cut into chunks discard green part
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Optional toppings - additional shredded cheese french fried onions, and crumbled bacon
- In your slow cooker, add the broth, cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Then use and immersion blender to blend the soup or blend in a blender until smooth. If using a blender remember to not put the lid on tight. If you put the lid on tight with hot liquid inside a blender, you'll end up with a soup explosion! Also, if using the blender place soup back in crock pot after blending.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and cream. Allow cheese to melt and stir until well blended. Add in the salt to taste.
- Serve topped with desired toppings. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Real Housemoms.