This post contains affiliate links.
With Easter this Sunday, I decided to share this ham and cheese tortellini to utilize that leftover ham who may have from your Easter meal.
This dish is easy to make, plus it’s all done in one skillet. Who doesn’t love it when you only have one pan to clean after making dinner?
This is a dish that the family loves to have to. It really is a win for everyone!
Ham and Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 19 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby sweet peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and golden brown.
- Add the ham and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Next, add in the chicken broth, tortellini, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to a simmer for 12 minutes until the tortellini is tender.
- Stir in the peas and cream. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese until well combined.
- Top with remaining cheese, then place under the broiler in the oven until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Kevin and Amanda.