This post contains affiliate links.
This is a simple but tasty way to serve up chicken. This simple baked chicken is so easy to put together and is so flavorful!
You can serve this chicken as is for a main dish or dice it up to serve on a salad. It also works for when you need cooked chicken to include in a recipe.
This is quick and easier to make rather than baking a whole chicken but it is equally juicy and flavorful.
Simple Baked Chicken
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. Set aside
- Pound chicken breasts lightly so they are of even thickness.
- Pour olive oil in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Lightly dredge the chicken through to coat it, then place chicken breasts side by side in the dish.
- Sprinkle the prepared seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken and rub it in with your hands. Place chicken breasts side by side, making sure there is no overlap.
- Bake in at 450 oven for 15-20 minutes, until juices are clear or a meat thermometer reads 160-170 degrees.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes while the juices settle before slicing. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss Road.
Simple Baked Chicken realmomkitchen.com/21239/simple-b… (httpss://twitter.com/crystal_padot/status/716466200746668032?s=17)
I made this!!! It is very simple! But tastes as if you spent all day cooking! AMAZING!!!