This post may contain affiliate links.
Waffle irons are an amazing tool. They can be used for more than waffles. I have use them to make french toast in and even sandwiches. Well today, we are making easy calzones in the waffle iron.
All you need is some canned biscuit dough. You can use the smaller ones or the Grand ones. I used the Grands because they fit great for my waffle iron.
Next you need to decide on what to fill them with. I went to a classic and kid fav – pepperoni and cheese. However, any pizza topping that you like will work. Just sandwich the filling between to flattened out biscuits and put it in you waffle maker. In about a couple minutes or so you have a tasty cheesy calzone ready to be dipped into some warm marinara or pizza sauce.
These were a hit with the family and a definite hit with me for how simple and quick they are to make! So grab your waffle iron and give ’em a try!
- REFRIGERATED GRANDS BISCUITS
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- MINI PEPPERONI SLICES
- MARINARA OR PIZZA SAUCE FOR DIPPING
Easy Waffle Iron Calzones
- 2 cans refrigerated Grands biscuits
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup mini pepperoni slices
- Marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- Flatten out the biscuits by hand to make them bigger and thinner.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese on a biscuit followed by some slices of pepperoni.
- Top with another flattened biscuit. Press dough around edge to seal each biscuit.
- Place in the center of a preheated waffle maker.
- Close lid; cook 2 or so minutes or until waffle is golden brown.
- Repeat until all the calzones are filled and cooked.
- Serve with marinara or pizza sauce. Makes 8 calzones.
Recipe adapted from All Food Recipes.
My 9yo son made this for himself and his siblings after school today. They all loved it!
I just got a waffle iron and would love to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!