It’s all about the pie to finish off your Thanksgiving dinner. Pie is the way we always end Thanksgiving dinner with my family. One of my favorite pies is coconut cream pie. So, I decided to share a quick version of my favorite coconut cream pie this year.
Now this recipe actually makes 2 pies. I also prefer it to be made with a traditional pie crust, but a graham cracker crust will also do. I recently learned how to make a pie crust from scratch recently when I went to Ohio. However, the Pillsbury refrigerated crust or Marie Callendar’s frozen crust work well if you don’t want to make the crust.
I also have a giveaway starting today for you all. It’s a great prize and I am also sharing the recipe for the pie crust from scratch there too. So be sure to check out the giveaway page today.
Also, if you want even more pie recipes just check out my pie category.
- INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING MIX
- COCONUT CREAM PUDDING MIX
- SHREDDED COCONUT
- WHOLE MILK
- PREPARED PIE SHELLS
- WHIPPING CREAM
- POWDERED SUGAR
- TOASTED COCONUT
Coconut Cream Pie
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 5.1 oz pkgs. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3.4 oz pkg. coconut cream pudding mix
- 7 oz. of shredded coconut
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 prepared pie shells
- 1 ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup toasted coconut ** see instructions below
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding mixes along with the milk. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- Then mix in the coconut by hand until well blended.
- Divide mixture between the two prepared pie crusts.
- In another bowl, beat the whipping cream until firm peaks form. The blend in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Decorate pies by piping on the whipped cream and sprinkle with the toasted coconut. Serves 12-16