Mother’s Day will be here before you know it. So I am sharing some recipes today and tomorrow to make mom for breakfast. Then next week, I will be sharing lemony treats you could make and give mom too. Today it’s Banana Coconut Muffins!
This breakfast recipe would be perfect for the kids to make because it all begins with a cake mix. You really can’t mess this one up. Serve these Banana Coconut Muffins up with some fresh fruit and yogurt on the side and you are set. They can also be made ahead of time. I also like to serve them with a little butter. I just love a little butter on my banana bread.Print
- 1 (18.25 oz) box vanilla cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. instant coconut cream dry pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line 24 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, banana, and coconut extract. Blend with a mixer on low for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut to the batter and fold in.
- Divide batter between the prepared 24 muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 15-20 until it passes the toothpick test. Allow to cool before serving. Makes 24 muffins.
This can also be prepared as a bundt. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.