I recently was wanting an Instant Pot coconut lime rice recipe. I was wanting for a side dish for a grilled chicken recipe that I am going to be sharing with you all tomorrow.
This is the recipe that I came up with after looking at several version online. I have been obsessed latley with basamati rice lately. I just love the long grains that it has. So that is what I used for this recipe. However, any other rice could also be used. Jamine rice would also be good to use.
This recipe turned out perfectly and was just the right compliment to the grilled chicken we had with it. Also, I used this same recipe a few days later and omited the lime zest for a straight up coconut rice to serve with another recipe and it was equally delicious with that. I will share that recipe with you on Thursday. It’s for a grilled chicken bowl. You are gonna love this whole week! After day the recipe will all be about grilling!
- 3 cups basamati rice or other desired type of rice
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk (I used full fat)
- 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- zest from 1 lime **see note
- Rice the 3 cups of rice with water under water is clear and not milky. Drain rice the best you can.
- Add rice to the Instant Pot along with the coconut milk, chicken broth, lime zest and sugar. Stir together to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Cook on high for 6 minutes. Then allow a natural pressue release for 10 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure manually. Fluff rice with a for and serve. Makes 6 cups of cooked rice.
Omit lime zest if just coconut rice is desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Category: Rice
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Recipe adapted from Boulder Locavore.