Now these cinnamon bun pancakes with Maple Butter Icing are not your ordinary pancake recipe. This is a pancake recipe that brings you the flavors of a cinnamon roll.
I found the recipe over at Tasty Kitchen. If you don’t know about Tasty Kitchen, it is a site stated by Ree (The Pioneer Woman) where people can share recipes. Now the recipe for the pancakes was submitted by sapeylissy but then Ree added a maple butter icing to go along with them.
I must say that these pancake wouldn’t be the same without Ree’s icing recipe. You MUST eat these pancakes with it. I also recommend doubling the icing recipe so you can have plenty of it to go around.
I originally shared this recipe on National Pancake Day everyone! Of course, I had to celebrate this wonderful with this amazing pancake recipe.
If the cinnamon bun pancakes aren’t up your alley maybe on of these are.
Mini German Pancakes
Maple Bacon Oven Pancake
Blueberry Pancakes (from a muffin mix)
Fruit Pancake Roll Ups
Pumpkin Patch Pancakes
Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
German Apple Pancakes
Sausage-Peach Filled Puff Pancake
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- ¼ cups butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Maple Butter Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cups Butter, Melted
- dash of salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cups milk (preferably whole milk, add more if needed)
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon with a whisk. Whisk well to make sure everything is combined.
- In separate large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, corn syurp, butter and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium/low heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with maple-butter icing drizzled over the top. Makes 12 pancakes.
- To make the Maple Butter Icing, (I recommend doubling the recipe): whisk all ingredients together until smooth, adding the milk slowly. Add enough mil for desired consistency.