Surprise mom on Mother’s Day with an extra special breakfast in bed with Chocolate Chip Pancakes! Take regular old pancakes up a notch with the addition of chocolate!
It’s very rare to find a mom that doesn’t like chocolate. And these special occasion chocolate chip pancakes will put a smile on her face.
When I made these in preparation for this post, my kids were telling how they don’t remember these pancakes. I told them that’s because I save this recipe as an extra special treat on an extra special day. What better occasion than to serve them up than to mom on her special day!
They are most excellent topped with strawberries or raspberries and a little syrup. You could even add some whipped cream if you want to go all out. I like to use semi sweet chocolate chip but use whatever kind you like. Go to the dark side or go for the classic milk chocolate.
You just may have to also serve these up on May 15th for National Chocolate Chip Day! So if you don’t get on them on Mother’s Day, then you have another reason to make them!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla together. Then drizzle in the melted butter while whisking.
- Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture until smooth. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot skillet. Turn when edges look dry and bubbles begin to pop. Turn and cook the other side.
- Makes 10-12 pancakes. Serve topped with berries and a drizzle of syrup.
Recipe adapted from a recipe I got years ago from Mrs. Butterworth’s.