You can dress up a steak just by adding a simple flavored butter on top before serving, just like with this skillet steak with gorgonzola butter. It’s amazing how it can totally transform it and make it impressive.
Now I cooked my steak in a skillet, but by all means you can fire up the grill if you’d rather go that route! Especially with prime grill season approaching.
Season your steak and grill it to your desired doneness and then top the hot piece of meat with a spoonful of this amazing butter.
I used gorgonzola in this butter but any blue cheese will do.
Skillet Steak with Gorgonzola Butter
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 Tbsp softened butter
- 4 Tbsp gorgonzola cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 strip steaks about 10-12 oz each and 1 inch in thickness, removed from fridge 30 minutes before cooking
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the butter, cheese, and parsley together until combined. Set aside.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Drizzle enough olive oil in the pan to coat the bottom.
- Brown steaks in skillet, cooking about 3-5 minutes per side depending on desired doneness.
- Top each steak with 1-2 tbsp of the butter mixture and serve. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Just a Pinch.