Recently, I was perusing through some of my favorite food blogs and was inspired by Ree, The Pioneer Woman, and a recipe she posted for Salisbury Steak Meatballs.
Consequently, I decided to adapt my own favorite Salisbury Steak recipe into Salisbury Steak Meatballs. Also, I chose to simplify the recipe by using frozen meatballs. It turned out great! Thanks for the inspiration Ree Drummond!
Serve it on rice, mashed potatoes, or hot buttered noodles! You will enjoy how quick and easy this is to make and your meat and potato lovers will be satisfied. Beef and gravy, how can you loose?
Salisbury Steak Meatballs
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 small onion sliced optional (I used half an onion)
- 1 can condensed beef broth I used Campbells
- 1 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained (I left these out)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 pkt brown or mushroom gravy mix
- 1 cup of water
- 28-32 frozen fully cooked meatballs thawed
- cooked rice mashed potatoes or noodles for serving
- In a skillet, add onion, mushroom, and beef broth heat to boiling. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring mixture to boiling again. Mix water and cornstarch together to make a paste. Add to boiling mixture with a wire whisk and whisk until gravy begins to thicken. Then add the packet of brown or mushroom gravy that has been mixed with one cup of water and add to the beef broth mixture in the skillet. Using the wire whisk again whisk until it is smooth.
- Add in the meatballs and cover and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes until heat through.