This post contains affiliate links.
Most people think of ramen noodles as a college food, that is not the case with this chicken vegetable ramen noodles. When prepared according to the package instructions, that is when they qualify as college food. The noodles themselves make a great base for recipes.
No need for the ramen seasoning packet here. We are only using the noodles to make this amazing chicken vegetable ramen noodles. You can use chicken breasts or thighs for this. There is onion, red pepper, and coleslaw mix added in to this dish.
In addition to the chicken and veggies, a homemade sauce is included that only takes a few ingredients. If you make any Asian style dishes, the ingredients used in the sauce are items you should keep on hand.
Chicken Vegetable Ramen Noodles
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 lb chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/4 cups water, plus more as needed
- 1 small red bell pepper , sliced
- 2 packets ramen noodles, discard seasoning packet
- 2 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- chopped green onion for garnish
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 4 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion ad cook for about 1 1/2 minutes until starting to go golden.
- Add chicken and cook just until the outside changes from pink to white. While chicken is cooking mix sauce together. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix in the sauce and cook for 1 minute until chicken is caramelized.
- Add red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Push chicken and veggies to the side to make enough space for the noodles. Add in water and place noodles in water.
- When the water starts simmering on the edges, leave noodles for 45 seconds then turn.
- Leave for 30 seconds, then untangle the noodles, Toss noodles with the chicken and veggies.
- Add coleslaw, toss for 1 minute until sauce reduces to coat the noodles and the noodles are cooked.
- Garnished with green onions if desired.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Tin Eats.