Every summer I have a stock of Ramen Noodles which made me look for a way to use them and make these quick Asian beef ramen noodles. My kids love to have them for lunch in the summer. Actually, I loved them in the summer too when I was younger. Even though this makes no sense to eat a hot soup in the summer, I did it and my kids do it too.
Since growing up, I have out grown regular Ramen Noodles, but I do love to use them for recipes. This recipe is a perfect way to use them. You don’t use the seasoning packets, just the noodles. Instead you make a simple Asian sauce.
Also, you add in some ground beef, onions, bean sprouts, and garlic. You can finish it off with the optional toppings of green onion and sesame seeds. This is definitely one of the ways I love to enjoy Ramen Noodles!
- CANOLA OIL
- SESAME OIL
- GROUND BEEF
- RAMEN NOODLES
- BEAN SPROUTS
- SOY SAUCE
- OYSTER SAUCE
- HOISIN SAUCE
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES OF FINELY SLICED GREEN ONION OR SESAME SEEDS
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 onion , sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 packets ramen noodles , discard seasoning packet
- Big handful bean sprouts
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- Optional garnishes
- Finely sliced green onion
- Sesame seeds
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oils, onion and beef. Cook until beef is fully cooked. While beef cooks, mix the sauce ingredients together. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Push beef to the side to make enough space for the noodles. Add water and noodles in water. Leave for 45 seconds then turn. Leave for 30 seconds, then untangle the noodles, then toss through the beef.
- Add bean sprouts, toss for 1 minute until sauce reduces to coat the noodles and the noodles are fully cooked.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds. Serves 2-3.
Recipe adapted from RecipeTin Eats.