Sometimes you need a meal that you can throw together in minutes. Today’s recipe is just that. These cheddar cheese french dips come together quickly and hit the spot. With a few key ingredients can make a delicious sandwich! The key for these cheddar cheese french dips is a nice ciabatta roll.
I am also headed off to Ohio today to The J.M. Smucker Company corporate headquarters for the second blogger conference, Around the Family Table with Smucker’s! I will be sharing some of the fun over the next few days on Facebook and Twitter if you want to check it out. I plan on coming back with some fun stuff to share with all of you!
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 pkg au jus mix prepared according to pkg directions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split or a 1 lb ciabatta loaf slit and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large sauce pan, combine the prepared au jus and roast beef together. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic to the melted butter and saute for 1 minute.
- Place rolls or pieces of ciabatta loaf on a baking sheet and brush with the melted butter.
- Place shredded cheese on the ciabatta and broil until cheese is melted.
- Remove meat from the au jus and divide between ciabatta creating 4 sandwiches. Serve with au jus for dipping. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.